- Single needle lockstitch zig-zag machine
for a wide range of materials from light to medium
heavy fabrics. Embroidery can also be accomplished
on these varieties.
- Zig-zag stitch width 9mm - 12mm. Straight
stitching at speeds up to 2,500 s.p.m. can be achieved
by means of a needle bar frame locking device.
- Bed dimensions:
- Machine pulley size: 2.9" (74mm)
- Motor required: Singer clutch motor
low speed 1/3 H.P. or 1/4 H.P.
- Needle Cat. No. 1910-05
- Independently adjustable and variable
forward and reverse feed system facilitates ease of
- Stitch width can be adjusted freely
by using a knee operated bight control. Stitch width
can also be fixed.
- Hook advancing and retarding mechanism
which allows zig-zag sewing at wide bights (max. bight
- Easily convertible to embroidery or
zig-zag or straight stitching.
- Provided with a needle position control
device which makes it possible to produce buttonholes.
- Built-in bobbin winder.
Maximum Sewing Speed
By restricting the width of zig-zag stitching to no more
than required for work, it is possible to use the machine
at the highest possible speed. This chart shows maximum
speeds related to zig-zag bight.
Note: The maximum speeds
are also dependent on materials and type of operation.
Regular fittings supplied with 20U
Attachments supplied with 20U73/83
Hemmer foot 1/8" (3.2mm) P/N 606694
Zipper foot P/N 606691
Presser foot for making free-hand buttonholes P/N 606692